Halloween – The real ghouls you should fear are in your cigarettes
Do you really know what’s in a cigarette? Its time you knew the truth that the cigarette companies keep hidden from you. Each cigarette contains around 4,500 toxic chemicals, below we have listed a few and where else they can be found:
- Benzene – can be found in pesticides and gasoline. It is present in high levels in cigarette smoke and accounts for half of all human exposure to this hazardous chemical.
- Formaldehyde – is a chemical that, in liquid form, is used to preserve dead bodies. In gaseous form, it is responsible for some of the nose, throat, and eye irritation smokers experience when breathing in cigarette smoke.
- Vinyl Chloride – is a man-made chemical that is used to make plastics. Smokers are exposed to it through cigarette filters.
- Arsenic – is commonly used in rat poison. Arsenic finds its way into cigarette smoke through some of the pesticides that are used in tobacco farming.
- Cadium – is a toxic heavy metal that is used in batteries. Smokers typically have twice as much cadmium in their bodies as non-smokers.
- Ammonia – compounds are commonly used in cleaning products and fertilizers. Ammonia is also used to boost the impact of Nicotine on manufactured cigarettes.
- Carbon Monoxide – is present in car exhaust and is lethal in large amounts. Cigarette smoke can contain high levels of carbon monoxide.
- Hydrogen Cyanide – was used to kill people in the gas chambers. It can be found in cigarette smoke.
- Nicotine – is a poison used in pesticides and is the addictive element in cigarettes.
Face you fears this Halloween and banish your smoking demons forever
The Stop Smoking Service offers free one to one support with a friendly professional advisor. Your advisor can prescribe medication to help keep cravings low and guide you through the journey of quitting smoking. You are not alone call us today on 0800 013 0553.